Sunday, July 20, 2003

things that make me happy....

* my new TiVo...not watching commercials rocks. that's all that needs to be said.
* "friends"...just watching joey's eyebrows emote is enough to make me smile, even on my worst day. and season 4 just came out on DVD...good times.
* "Autobiography of a Fat Bride" by Laurie Notaro - I'm only halfway through this book and it has made me laugh out loud no less than 5 times so far.
* this summer - thus far, not ungodly hot, but with multiple very nice days in the last couple of weeks...i mean, sure, it's rained a lot, but its the middle of july and the door to my balcony is open and i'm not sweating.
* the ghoul in my toilet. it makes random noises when it feels like it. the maintenance people for my apartment came to fix it, and it seemed to be fixed for several days - but i think the ghoul was just hanging out in my washing machine for awhile until the coast was clear. we're becoming friends.

things that make me unhappy....

* this article...i hate george bush.
* people who ask me "what do you think of the Atkins' diet?" - please. quick weight loss that lasts forever - wouldn't we all be really skinny if it worked?
* bills. does this really need explanation?
* junk email...it's completely inevitable, one of the only sure things in this world. it WILL be there when you check your email, there's just no getting around it.

No comments: